GP Fellowship Scheme
Are you a GP in your first 2 years of practice? Would you like to continue your professional development whilst working in general practice? Are you looking for a gradual transition into general practice? If any of these apply to you then the GP Fellowship Scheme may be the perfect approach for you.
- QIB – Myalgic Encephalomyelitis / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- CCG - GPFV Clinical Lead
We have newly released guidance regarding less than full-time Fellowships, e.g. 0.8/0.6 FTE. Please note, not all Fellowships are available LTFT, these are contingent on meeting certain guidelines and requirements of the hosting organisation. For guidance on part-time GP Fellowships click here
Benefits of the scheme
- A salaried post - whether you are in General Practice, the specialist host organisation or in your protected learning time.
- Acquisition of knowledge and skills in specialist area
- Gain extra non-clinical and clinical skills
- Up to £5,000 bursary to support training & education
The GP Fellowship scheme allows GPs to enjoy a varied working week. For example, two days per week in general practice, two days per week with a specialist host organisation learning specialist knowledge and skills, and one day per week dedicated to education and training to facilitate learning in the specialist area.
Placements can be clinical or non-clinical and take place with a variety of organisations, including CCGs, GPPOs, charities, local acute hospitals and more.
Physician Associates Internships Scheme
Physician Associates (PAs) are generalist healthcare professionals providing medical care who work semi-autonomously.
- The aim of this scheme is offering PAs the opportunity to have varied clinical exposure to enhance their professional maturity. This is facilitated through specialist placement with a secondary organisation alongside work in the primary care setting.
General structure (37.5 hr post):
- 2.5 days in general practice seeing patients
- 2 days in a specialist host organisation that matches the Fellows area of interest (acute, GPPO, Mental health, IC24)
- 0.5 days for education that compliments the PA Fellows interests.
Funding is available to support the general practice and the secondary host.