Norfolk and Waveney LMC Pastoral Support Service
This confidential pastoral support offers support to GP and practice managers as part of the wellbeing programme. The objective of the service is to support GPs and Practice Managers to find positive solutions where they are encountering challenges in their work or personal lives.
In order to achieve quality pastoral support the LMC will:
- Ensure there is an awareness of how to access pastoral support services.
- Record aggregated data about the number of times pastoral support is accessed and the time spent providing this support.
- Appoint PSO (Pastoral Support Officer) roles in accordance with LMC Executive guidance.
For further information contact: https://www.norfolkwaveneylmc.org.uk/contact.
Pastoral Support - GP Trainees and First 5s
The scheme aims to open up opportunities for supporting GP trainees throughout their training programme and during early years in practice. It is is designed to promote retention of GPs in the local area who might ordinarily have been lost to other parts of the healthcare system, and will enable Trainee GPs to create an individualised support plan based around their needs and aims to provide much needed capacity to local GP practices.
Support is available for:
- Future career opportunities
- Training opportunities
- Tier 2 visa sponsorship requirements post training
- Guidance and signposting
- Vacancy and application support