Statement Regarding Covid-19
Norfolk and Waveney Training Hub has taken the difficult decision to cancel all events organised with immediate effect, apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. The health and wellbeing of the community is our main priority. Please be assured that we are keeping up to date with the latest guidance around the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak.
We want to ensure that everyone is aware of the following advice from Public Health England (PHE) recommending that the following general cold and flu precautions are taken to help prevent people from catching and spreading COVID-19:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze. See Catch it, Bin it, Kill it . Put used tissues in the bin straight away
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available. See hand washing guidance
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Norfolk and Waveney Training Hub will keep you updated as events are re-organised. Thank you for your continued support.
Health Education England Training Hub Animation
Want to learn more about Primary and Community Care Training Hubs? Please feel free to share our new animation video to help raise the profile of Training Hubs.
Press Play to view animation video.
There are numerous training opportunities available for the general practice workforce to expand their knowledge in specialised areas as they take on new roles. These can include an MSc or enhanced communication or management skills. Knowing where to look for information about what training and funding is available can be time-consuming and frustrating. Contact us today about what you would like to achieve. We can help you look for training and potentially find some funding.
DIABETES Places Available NOW
Diabetes – Online Course
CDEP (www.cdep.org.uk) is an online diabetes training tool that supports all levels of healthcare staff to build, refresh or confirm the diabetes skills relevant to their role. All healthcare staff (registered and unregistered roles) that come into contact with people living with diabetes would benefit from undertaking this online training.
- offers a number of topics which are tailored to the role, area of work and patient/client group staff support
- topics generate a certificate of completion and reflection document which can be used for evidence for appraisals or professional revalidation
- is designed to be done in ‘bite-sized chunks’ as and when staff have time
- can be accessed via computer, tablet or smartphone with internet access
- makes diabetes training easy to undertake at any time, in any place, at work, at home or on the go.
Mental Health Update - ONLINE LEARNING
Dealing with mental health in a short consultation is difficult. This course, delivered by Red Whale, gives clinicians a range of tools and skills to use within a 10-minute consultation window, and teaches how to adopt a structured approach to mental health appointments in every day practice. Suitable for first contact physios, paramedics, social prescribers, physician associates, pharmacy technicians, mental health professionals, dietitians, podiatrists and occupational therapists.
To register for this online training please click here
Delivered by MIND and suitable for GPs, this course aims to develop delegates’ understanding of suicide and increase their confidence in supporting individuals towards safe outcomes.
- Strengthen awareness of risk factors for suicidal behaviours
- Develop confidence to talk to people who may be feeling suicidal
- Increase ability to develop a safe plan with people experiencing thoughts of suicide
- Explore resources and services that support people managing their mental health
Lead Manage Thrive - ONLINE LEARNING
Improve your personal impact, performance and leadership skills and have more influence in your practice. This course, delivered by Red Whale, is suitable for first contact physios, paramedics, social prescribers, physician associates, pharmacy technicians, mental health professionals, dietitians, podiatrists and occupational therapists.
To register for this online learning please click here
This course will be delivered by Sandra Moloney – RGN RM MSc Community Gynaecology & Reproductive Health (Warks) BSGE Accreditation Hysteroscopy BSCCP Accreditation Colposcopy. Consultant Nurse Gynaecology QMC Notts.
- Vaginal Prolapse- causes, signs and symptoms, treatments, genital Atrophy and the use of topical Oestrogen
- Vaginal Pessaries - Choosing the right one, types, sizing and fitting, changing a pessary, identification of problems, case study
- Practical Session - fitting pessaries on pelvic models
For further information please visit www.mylitta.co.uk.
OTHER TRAINING COURSES
FREE Half Day Immunisation Updates
Commissioned by Public Health England
Suitable for Practice Nurses who have previously completed a two day immunisation course meeting the National Standards for immunisation training
- Changes to the National Flu Programme 2020/21
- Review of changes to the National Childhood immunisation programme
- Cold chain and vaccine wastage
- An opportunity to ask questions and share good practice
The Norfolk and Waveney Primary Care and Community Training Hub is working on a training programme to support those who are thinking of becoming an immuniser. Further details will follow.
Mental Health Training Programmes - Mental Health Skills for Your Workforce.
A diverse range of courses aimed at enhancing general mental health skills, patient and staff wellbeing and advanced skills in specialist topics.
Further information is available here
CPPE launches its first ever national online Workshop
The Centre for Pharmacy Postgraduate Education (CPPE) has announced the launch of its first online focal point event – Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Open to all pharmacy professionals across England, this provides an excellent opportunity to share new ideas and practices with colleagues from around the country.
The COPD focal point covers the updated NICE guidance on diagnosis and management of COPD and how you can apply this to support people with COPD in practice, optimise their medicines and support them to self-manage their condition.
Each event will run for two hours, with time at the start of each event to help get you accustomed to the online learning environment. More information is available here
Please note that each event is restricted to 20 attendees only, so click here to book your place (you’ll need to log in to view upcoming events).
Diabetic Foot Screening Training- Post Covid
Free for all health professionals involved in diabetes care. Essential for all HCPs undertaking diabetic foot screening as part of QOF
Overview of Diabetic Foot Screening Training:
- Provides an essential overview of the diabetic foot, vascular and neurological screening techniques, risk stratification (included as part of QOF) and updated referral pathway information.
- Participants will complete a competency assessment following the training.
- NCH&C recommend updating this training every two years, especially if diabetic foot screening is a core part of the job role.
- Training sessions will be held at venues all over the county, on a rolling yearly program over the lunchtime period, to minimize the impact on clinical time.
- Training sessions are led by NCH&C Podiatrists experienced in screening the diabetic foot.
Course Content includes:
- Diabetic foot complications
- Techniques for identifying risk factors – neurological and vascular assessment
- Identification of foot pathology
- Care Pathways
- Referral Guidelines for the at risk and acute foot
- Basic foot health education for patients
- Competency assessment with certification
Further information is available here
You will then be sent a link to the training video, supporting materials and a link to the online training module and competency,assessment (where you can obtain a certificate)
Safeguarding - SAVE THE DATESn- 2nd - 5th November 2020
Following the huge success of the Fabulous Fortnight event in June, NHS Safeguarding is holding another MS Live Event in November. Click here for flyer and links
NHS Safeguarding and partners are delighted to present to you with the legacy from their fabulous fortnight event in June 2020. Click here for links to the recorded sessions delivered in June. These links take you only as far as the FutureNHS login page, you then need to log in or register an account (free of charge) to play the linked video.
FutureNHS offers a huge resource suite. Please join the safeguarding FutureNHS workspace and @NHSSafeguarding for more blogs and updates.
Further Information about Training
To find out more about the Training Hub click here. If you would like to subscribe to the Training Hub monthly newsletter to be informed of local and national training opportunities, click here. The most recent edition of the newsletter can be viewed here.
An apprenticeship is on the job training leading to a national qualification, available for both new and existing staff. Anyone over the age of 16, who is not in full-time education, can apply to be an apprentice.There are different levels of apprenticeships with the most common levels undertaken in GP surgeries being intermediate (level 2) and advanced (level 3) apprenticeships.
Nutrition & Hydration
Presentations from the Champions Meeting 29.9.20
- Constipation and Diet
- Stomas and Constipation
- High Output Stomas - Carer Training
- What are Normal Health Bowels
- Laxatives and Homely Remedies
The HEE Star is a tool developed by HEE to bring structure and coherence to conversations about workforce challenges and to support workforce transformation. Click the image below to use the HEE Star online tool: